My girl Kerry over at Kerry’s Winding Road recently nominated me for The Lighthouse Award, which is given to those with blogs that inspire. I’ve never really thought of my blog as very inspirational until Kerry nominated me for this award, but upon much thought, I’ve come to the conclusion that I inspire others to not be so hard on themselves as parents. It’s my first blogging award, so I’m pretty psyched to be nominated and I really appreciate the nomination.
Kerry’s blog is both funny and inspirational. In it, she describes her travels through “the beautiful and bumpy road of motherhood with two children”. Beautiful and bumpy, indeed! I highly recommend you go check it out.
So the rules of the Lighthouse Award are simple:
• Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
• Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
• Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
• Share three ways that you like to help others.
• Nominate as many bloggers as you like.
• Have fun!
So here’s how I like to help others (in true Highchairs & Headaches bare minimum fashion, of course :))
1. Despite numerous threats, I have yet to back over my husband’s PS3 with our car. He counts as “other people”, right?
2. My children are singlehandedly keeping Nickelodeon in business. You’re welcome, Nick!
3. I am not an asshole, as detailed in my blog post “I Love It When People Aren’t Assholes.” By not being an asshole, I feel that I help influence others not to be assholes either. It’s my own personal effort to end the vicious cycle of assholes being assholes to other assholes.
Okay, so now I have the pleasure of nominating a few other blogs that I’m pretty big on right now. It’s not going to be easy to narrow down, because there are SO MANY amazing blogs out there! But here are my nominations:
Go check out these awesome blogs if you, like me, are inspired by stuff like food, wine, Pinterest, parenting, and books 🙂
Thanks again for nominating me, Kerry!